by shane | Jan 13, 2016 | Marketing
Wiebe has collected all the best copywriting formulas on her site. Looking forward to testing out some of these formulas.
by shane | Jan 12, 2016 | Marketing
Last night I went to a marketing talk called “How I Made $342k in 6 Months From ONE Ebook.” The speaker, Sujan Patel, wrote the book 100 Days of Growth.
He released the book last year.
I thought the tips from the talk may be useful to this group.
The profit breakdown was roughly:
- $119,000 from book sales
- $198,000 from consulting
- $25,000 from speaking engagements.
A quick overview of how he marketed the book:
- He sold 500 copies before writing the book!
- He first researched possible topics, using MarketWords (amazon) and Google Keyword tool to find a topic he was familiar with, had lots of searching, and little competition.
- Once he found the topic (growth hacking) he created a quick landing page for the book. The only cost was $1.00 stock photo and a monthly landing page monkey type of site.
- He made a list of influencers (bloggers, twitter users and question/answer websites) in the industry.
- He set himself some marketing goals (from memory):
- Guest post on 25 blogs
- Answer 1-2 related questions on Quora per day.
- Be interviewed on 25 podcasts
- Write several blog posts for his own blog
- As traffic started coming in for pre-sales, he A/B tested the landing page to improve conversions. Once the landing page was converting well and he had pre-sold a few thousand worth of books, he hired a designer to build a site based off the working landing page.
- Once the goal of 500 pre-sales we complete him and his co-writer wrote the book.